The best way to see Yosemite is on foot, hiking some of the more than 800 miles of trails with an experienced naturalist by your side. Along the way, your Conservancy naturalist will point out native plants and wildlife, as well as the cultural and historic sights. These immersive day hikes are designed to get you beyond the Valley by trail to see everything Yosemite has to offer.
Full-day and half-day programs are available. Tell us what trail you want to hike, or choose from our list of favorites:
- Mist Trail and John Muir Trail: A classic Yosemite hike that includes Vernal and Nevada Falls (optional) with stunning views and plenty of spray! Challenge yourself, and enjoy this classic Yosemite trail
- Snow Creek Trail: A lesser-known trail that gets your heart pumping with steady elevation gains and rewards you with incredible views of Yosemite Valley
- Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point: Start this trek with outstanding views of Yosemite Falls, then tackle dozens of switchbacks that lead to incredible views of Half Dome. This is a challenging hike with a big finish that will leave you breathless (This trail also can be done from the top down)
High Country Hikes (June–October, depending on the Tioga Road opening/closing)
- Gaylor Lakes: This short yet steep hike will drop you into an alpine basin to see multiple High Sierra lakes and amazing views of the jagged peaks of the Cathedral Range
- Clouds Rest: The 14-mile round-trip hike will lead you to heavenly heights and have you looking down on Half Dome from 9,926 feet
Each hike will feature information on:
- Notable plants and wildlife in the area
- Areas of natural and historic significance, such as areas of glacial activity or settlements of indigenous people
- The stories of Yosemite’s people, from American Indians to pioneers, and even modern-day rock-climbers
- Photography opportunities for Yosemite’s many icons, including Half Dome, El Capitan, Yosemite Falls, Tenaya Lake or the Grizzly Giant (depending on location choice)
Base price (1-4 people)
Each additional person
(up to 12)
12 and more
|$250||$50||please contact us|
|$400||$100||please contact us|
Transportation and meals are not included. Click here for a packing list of what you’ll need.
Still want more? We can customize your day hike to every detail. We are available year-round.