Sharing Your Passion with Visitors
Visitor information volunteers spend a month in the park assisting park visitors and sharing their love of Yosemite.
Please check in January 5, 2015, when we will have new volunteer registration forms, schedules, and FAQs. Thank you!
Most volunteers work approximately 30 hours per week with time off to explore the park. All of our volunteers receive online and onsite training. They enjoy free entrance into the park and camping at group campsites in Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows, or Wawona, a 30 percent discount on books and educational materials sold at Yosemite Conservancy bookstores, and discounts from the park concessionaire in various locations.
Yosemite Valley and Wawona volunteer opportunities are available May through September. Tuolumne Meadows opportunities are available mid-June through late September.
Our volunteers assist visitors at these locations:
- Information booths and a yurt: assisting with visitor inquires about the park, providing safety information, and promoting Yosemite Conservancy programs
- The Nature Center at Happy Isles : providing information in this family-oriented Nature Center in Happy Isles near the John Muir Trail trailhead
- Yosemite Museum Gallery: acting as docents, opening exhibits, and greeting visitors to the museum
- Yosemite Art Center: assisting art teachers
- Yosemite Valley Visitor Center: providing hiking information
- Yosemite Theater: assisting with evening performances
- Information booth: assisting with visitor inquires about the park and Yosemite Conservancy programs
- Outdoor Adventure Campground: welcoming and orienting Outdoor Adventures participants
- Parsons Memorial Lodge: greeting and orienting visitors as well as assisting with cultural events in this historic building
- Olmsted Point: greeting visitors and providing a telescopic view of hikers on the Half Dome cables
- Mariposa Grove and Mariposa Grove Museum: sharing information and inspiration about the sequoia grove and acting as a docent in the museum
Become a Donor to Participate
Due to its popularity, this program is restricted to donors of the Conservancy who donate in the year they apply to the program. Donors make a minimum donation of $25 to support Yosemite Conservancy’s work and receive great benefits in addition to being able to apply to this program.