Sharing Your Passion With Visitors
Visitor information volunteers spend a month in the park assisting visitors and sharing their love of Yosemite.
Most volunteers work approximately 30 hours per week with time off to explore the park.
They enjoy free camping at group campsites in Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows, or Wawona, a 30% discount on books and educational materials sold at Yosemite Conservancy bookstores, and discounts from the park concessionaire.
Yosemite Valley and Wawona volunteer opportunities are available May through September. Tuolumne Meadows volunteer opportunities are available mid-June through late-September. Click here for 2013 Visitor Information Program schedule. Be sure to read the Frequently Asked Questions for the Visitor Information Program.
Volunteer options include:
- Information Booths and Yurt: Assisting with visitor inquires about the park and Yosemite Conservancy programs
- Happy Isles Nature Center: Providing information in the family-oriented Nature Center at Happy Isles near the John Muir Trail trailhead
- Yosemite Museum Gallery: Acting as a docent; opening exhibits and greeting visitors to the museum
- Yosemite Art and Education Center: Assisting art teachers and retail personnel
- Yosemite Theater: Providing information and assisting with visitor inquiries between showings of Spirit of Yosemite
- Information Booth: Assisting with visitor inquires about the park and Yosemite Conservancy programs.
- Outdoor Adventure Campground: Welcoming and orienting Yosemite Outdoor Adventure participants
- Parsons Memorial Lodge: Greeting and orienting visitors as well as assisting with cultural events held in this historic building
- Olmsted Point: Greeting visitors and providing a telescopic view of people on the Half Dome cables
- Mariposa Grove and Museum: Sharing information and inspiration about the sequoias in the grove and acting as a docent in the museum
Become a Supporter to Participate
Due to its popularity, this program is restricted to current supporters of the Conservancy. Friends of Yosemite make a minimum donation of $25 to support Yosemite Conservancy’s work and receive great benefits.