Are your clients looking for the ultimate insider Yosemite experience? Create a special program with the park’s premier naturalist-guides from the Yosemite Conservancy’s award-winning educational program.
Yosemite Conservancy has been the park’s non-profit partner since 1923, working for over 90 years to enrich the visitor experience with immersive interpretive walks and treks. Our naturalist-guides are experts in their fields and ready to connect your group to the wonders of Yosemite. We work with a range of travel companies such as Backroads, Abercrombie & Kent, Off The Beaten Path and National Geographic’s National Parks Revealed to deliver one-of-a-kind outdoor experiences.
- Meals and transportation are generally not included. (These options are negotiable – please contact our office for pricing).
- Programs are customizable.
- Step-on bus guiding services are offered from Mariposa and within the park.
- Private full-day or half-day outings are offered for an unlimited number of visitors. Pricing for large groups is negotiable.
Sample One-day Itinerary
The group meets the Yosemite Conservancy naturalist at a convenient location and time. Each person should bring a daypack with water, lunch, camera and sun protection, and prepare to explore Yosemite. Programs can take place in any part of Yosemite. Here is a Yosemite Valley option:
- Walk the floor of Yosemite Valley: get up close to Yosemite Falls, the Merced River, the Old Yosemite Village, rockclimbers at their sport and discover park wildlife
- Discover evidence of the powerful glaciers that carved Yosemite Valley and created the grand waterfalls. Ramble through the valley like John Muir, reading nature's clues.
- Bring picnic lunches and dine where we can soak in more of the scenery.
- Afternoon explorations continue with an understanding of American Indian life before and after Euro-Americans arrived in the Valley and the role of the National Park Service.
- Depending on the group’s interests, your group will cover 4-8 kilometers over the course of an eight-hour day.
Sample Half-day Itinerary
The group meets the Yosemite Conservancy naturalist at a convenient location and time then heads out on one Yosemite’s numerous exciting trails. Programs can take place in any part of Yosemite. Here is a Yosemite Valley option:
- Take a quiet back route to explore Ahwahnee Meadow, Royal Arch Cascades and a great view of Half Dome.
- Discover the Valley's American Indians stories and traditions, see where glaciers carved into granite, learn how John Muir spent his time and uncover the secrets of Sierra plants and wildlife.
- Finish up in Yosemite Village just after noon. Your group is now free to grab lunch and continue their own exploration of the park.
(up to 8 hours)
(up to 4 hours)
|Party of 5||$675||$400|
|Party of 6||$775||$450|
|For larger groups of 6+||Please inquire||Please inquire|
|Step-on guide programs||$625/bus||$425/bus|
**Tour Companies who book 4 departures or more will receive a 5% discount off the above prices.
Contact us for more information or to schedule your group tour at email@example.com or 209-379-2317 x10. We will respond to your booking inquiries within 48 business hours.