Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 2 pm (April through October)
Nurture the artist within you — with a little help from acclaimed artists and artisans — in Yosemite Conservancy art classes.
- Art classes are offered Monday – Saturday, 10 am – 2 pm. Perfect for those looking to explore the park’s natural beauty through painting, drawing and more.
- Open to all experience levels. Suggested age: 12+ (adult supervision required for participants under age 18).
- Online registration is highly encouraged; capacity is 15 people per class.
- Develop a final piece during a four-hour class, using new techniques and guidance from your Artist-in-Residence, Volunteer Art Instructor. End the class by celebrating your art in an informal, optional show-and-tell.
- Registration is $20 per person, per class. Some classes have an additional materials fee.
- Supplies are not included in the registration fee, but are available for purchase at the Art Center. All proceeds benefit the park!
Planning a visit in 2019? Preview the 2019 Art Class Schedule
Art classes are typically held outside (en plein air), weather and media permitting. Follow these tips for a perfect plein-air art experience:
- Please arrive by 9:30 am to purchase supplies.
- Drop-in and day-of registration is only available as space allows.
- Bring your lunch, as well as any of your own art materials and equipment that you’d like to use (such as an easel or other hard surface). You can also purchase art supplies, borrow and/or rent equipment, including stools and easels, at the Art Center.
- The Artist in Residence, Volunteer Art Instructors chooses the class location based on preference, medium, technique, season, accessibility and proximity to the Yosemite Valley free shuttle stops. Please consider that bathrooms are located throughout the park, but not necessarily near the class location.
- Don’t forget to check the weather! During inclement weather, classes are held inside at the Art & Nature Center.